About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Dad's Bday

Yesterday the parentals came up and we celebrated my dad's 77th birthday!!! 

The boys played golf and Langdon Farms

Mom and I hung out, went to the Mill End store (which resulted in me completely changing my mind about revamping the family room - more on that another time but lets just say this post is completely out of date now.  I'm not doing those fabrics after all) and played around on our Ipads.  

I made dinner with all of Dad's favorites.
Menu:
Lau Lau (fresh from Uwajimaya)
Sesame ginger chicken (did both thighs and breast so we could have leftovers)
Steamed rice w/ nori & black sesame seeds
Chinese long beans
Hawaiian sweet bread
And for dessert - eclairs and ice cream bon bon's
Didn't get any pictures of the food - boo - except for the dessert but here is the table



Everyone said the food was good but the star of the dinner was definitely the wine
It was one of Dad's Opus One
Definitely a special occasion wine.  Mom has bought these in the past for him for his birthday and he has put them away for special occasions.  I guess turning 77 counts for that.

Gifts for Dad included fun food treats,  See's candy, personalized "business" cards for the "master golfer", and a Eddie Aikau shirt that I brought back from Maui in January to save for his birthday.
Didn't do such a great job taking pictures but it was a great day! (That's the plaid chair that I have got to get recovered one way or another)
Easy clean up as well.  Everything pretty much fit in the dishwasher so you can't beat that. 

Today is a holiday and we are meeting friends to see....
via imdb
......and grab a bite to eat after.  I don't have real high expectations for this movie but surely there will be some laughs and if we are lucky lots of Bradley.

Happy Memorial Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment