About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Weekend

This last weekend was a fun one - the sun was finally out and it appears that Summer has arrived.  Although she is a little late I think we can all agree we are glad to see her.

Family Room
The redo continues - although in a completely different direction than was stated here - still love those fabrics but not willing to pay premium prices for them.  So the fabric is on hold - although I'm still looking and I have moved onto the furniture.  Step one - new desk!  

This is the old desk which I have had since BG (before Gerry) and to be honest I've never liked it.

Thank goodness G is handy!   The guy at Cost Plus said this was the hardest one in the store to put together but G but it together in no time ( I helped a little)

And here she is!  Don't worry that chairs not part of the final plan.  Berta assures me she has something I will like that will just need a little TLC  Will update with more pictures as I accessorize
Painting
Did a little painting this weekend - some which was successful and some well not so much.
The lanai furniture needs a fresh coat of paint.  It's three years old and when we purchased this I knew I would be able to repaint it as need for sprucing up.  I don't think G was convinced but he was golfing and I was left to my own devices.  I just started with a couple of pieces like this coffee table but consider it a success and hope to tackle the other pieces this weekend.

Don't worry this color isn't final.  It's Martha Stewart Sea glass - should be perfect right?  Wrong.   Looks way to ice cream stand, pepto bismal (yes I know that's pink but you know what I mean).   I love this frame but not sure it has a place now.....will have to see how things progress

Friends
Finished off the weekend at our friends the Smiths.  They recently bought a new house and although I had heard grand things I had not been up the hill to see for myself.   Words can't really describe how wonderful this house is.   Let me just give you with a picture of the view from the pool area in the backyard.

The Levy's were there as well and Miss L. loved the pool!   But then what 5 year old (or 4 and 3/4 old) little girl doesn't.  As Sean pointed out - Amy was born to entertain and I must say I agree.   The meal was fabulous!
 
Great dinner!  Pork tenderloin wrapped in bacon and butter with bacon for the roasting corn!

All in all a good weekend!   Looking forward to this weekend as well - its supposed to be nice again!

No comments:

Post a Comment