About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Update: Top Ten for Summer

So as you know I made of list of things I wanted to do this summer.   Found here.

  1. Go to the Drive Inn - nope  We just never made it over to Newberg.  I have to say that our movie viewing really slows down in the summer which I never noticed before.   After all its kind of a rainy day thing to do.
  2. Learn to make cheese - check.  Sadly I have not done it since.  Really should - as it was super easy and super fun!  
  3. Go on a bike ride - check (and got a new bike to boot!  I don't think you've seen her so I must take some pictures and do a post soon)
  4. Try a new restaurant - check.  Lunch at Braeburn at Whidbey (will be a regular on our list for visits to the island).  Drinks at Trader Vic's in The Pearl.  Bday lunch with Heidi at Manzana Grill.  Breakfast at Zeppo's (love this place and can't wait to go back for lunch or dinner)
  5. Play golf - nope.  Now I did step foot on a golf course more than once and had many trips to the driving range but never swung a club.  
  6. Dip my toes in the ocean - check and double check.   I even dipped my toes in the Sound.
  7. Can something - check.  Dill Pickles!
  8. Re-organize my closet - check.  Although sadly it is time to do so again.  
  9. Go see Packy - nope
  10. Make homemade bread - check.   This has turned into pretty much a weekly occurance now. 
So 7 out of 10 - not too shabby.  I will strive to do better however in the Fall.  I'm in process of doing my Top Ten for Fall..... stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment