About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful

Today is Thanksgiving.  I am headed to Salem to spend the day with my family.   We are taking G's mom with us as well.   We had other plans but they didn't work out and really the only thing I care about is spending the day with the people I love and care about most.   This year hasn't been all sunshine and roses but I am very grateful for many things........
  1. A husband who loves me
  2. A furry one to snuggle with
  3. A mother and father who love me unconditionally
  4. Friends to laugh and make memories with
  5. A job to go to with a boss I adore
  6. A roof over my head
  7. Trips to the islands - both of them
  8. The sound of the ocean
  9. Red velvet cupcake batter soft serve yogurt
  10. Memories of those I loved who are no longer with us
A good friend of mine will be able to be home with her family for Thanksgiving this year.   This might be the first time in 10+ years she has been able to do that.  I am so very happy for her.   I hope that you too are able to spend the day surrounded by those you love.  And that not only today but that every day you take a moment to stop and think what you are grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment