About Me

My photo
I live in the Pacific NW with my husband,our 85 pound black lab and the newest member of our family our adorable little boy! I love to cook, stick my hands in the dirt and grow veggies and flowers, etc., craft for gift giving, repurpose things from my grandmother, find a cozy corner and curl up with a good book, and most of all hang out with my boys and our furry one.

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Uh oh......

Spaghettios.....

Depending on your age you may or may not be very familiar with our dear chef Boyardee and this lovely concoction......  
image
And when looking for an image I am reminded of the time a rodent was found in a can but I digress....

There were many things I longed for as a small child but did not get which I understand why now and many of these things fall under the catagory of processed foods:   Pop Tarts, Icees, various sugared cerals.......  There also was not a lot of Chef Boyardee in our family cupboard.   And like any child you want what you cannot have and sadly no of my other friends had these things as well so it wasn't like I could go to their house to get them.   Amazingly enough I survived childhood without these things and most of them I will not give to J either.   But when I came across this recipe I just couldn't resist!

I made this on Sunday and G's response was - that taste exactly like spaghettio's.   Then he proceeded to tell me he wasn't a big fan of them.  Sigh......   Shows he doesn't pay attention when I discuss the week's menu with him.   Needless to say he ate a big whooping portion of it so I guess it all worked out ok.

I pretty much followed the recipe but used ground beef (about a pound) instead of chicken.   This makes enough for a family of 20 growning boys.   Well maybe not exactly but geez it seemed to expand in the pan as I went.   Needless to say plenty for two meals as well as some to go in the freezer for later and it couldn't be any easier to through together.   Bonus was that J had it for dinner Monday night and loved it as well.  Try to ignore the amount of butter and remember there its for a pound of pasta.   You will have left over ranch dressing mix and so I sprinkled that over the califlower and carrots I was roasting in the oven and it was perfect!  Definetly a fall meal with the pasta and veggies straight from the oven.

Bon Appetit! 


No comments:

Post a Comment